The healthcare industry in the country has been one of the few industries that has remained unaffected by COVID-19. We live in an age where the emergence of COVID-19 has given a rude awakening to humanity
The healthcare industry is one of the few industries that tend to boom when other industries are facing doom and gloom. Owing to this, most H.S.C. graduates are now pursuing careers in healthcare & hospital management and are flocking to enroll in reputed hospital management courses. If you are interested in making a career in the healthcare & hospital industry, read the full guide to building a career in Healthcare & Hospital Management.
The Rise of Healthcare Industry During Covid-19 Pandemic
One of the biggest reasons we’re able to fight COVID-19 and emerge from the pandemic is due to the country’s robust healthcare industry. Be it frontline warriors, paramedics, doctors, nurses, caretakers, etc. medicines and treatments are getting developed and manufactured at breakneck speeds.
Today, the healthcare industry needs more people and better management. There’s a need for technology and digitization in healthcare, and an influx of talented professionals is what the industry needs. The healthcare industry is hiring talent, and now is one of the best times to be in this industry.
How Coronavirus Has Affected The Healthcare Industry?
The healthcare industry was directly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, but much less compared to other industries. Companies in the healthcare industry were the first to get out of the woods and even show immediate positive growth. The pandemic has also given incentive to the Indian government to further develop the healthcare industry.
- NITI Aayog states, in 2022, the Indian healthcare industry will be worth $372 billion.
- Union Budget 2021 allocated INR 2,83,846 lakh crores to the healthcare and wellness sector.
- Primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare will be developed through Atma Nirbhar Bharat Yojana through an allocation of INR 64,180 crore.
- Indian Medical Tourism share in the world will be 20%. Which amounts to $9 billion.
- The Indian healthcare sector will grow 22%, creating 40 million jobs.
Healthcare Industry Is Recession Proof
The healthcare industry is a recession-proof industry. Today, people are willing to pay to ensure their health remains in top shape. Regular doctor visits increase, and changes in lifestyle habits have become a source of income for the healthcare industry. Recession is a harsh teacher for many but a friend to the healthcare related industries. Not only does the industry see positive growth, but it also hires more manpower.
When you frequently see ads of health foods, digital thermometer, fitness applications and beyond, you’re targeted by the healthcare industry to act on it. These marketing tactics, health product launches, fitness apps are opportunities that are booming as we write.
Healthcare Management- A Lucrative Study Option For HSC Students
Have you completed your HSC education? Make a smart move and choose BBA in Healthcare & Hospital Management. Many 12th standard students opt for professional courses in healthcare to get a jump-start in the industry that has been booming for decades.
The healthcare and hospital industry involves the expert management of technology, manpower, real estate, finance, and insurance. Therefore, when you study the healthcare management course, you are gaining knowledge that can be useful across a wide spectrum of industries. The growth and opportunities in the healthcare industry ensure you get a high-paying, successful career, and experience professional satisfaction.
What is Healthcare & Hospital Management Course?
Healthcare & hospital management is a three-year bachelor degree course, designed for students to become skilled experts in the industry. The course has a balance between theoretical knowledge and practical experience. It teaches you to research, evaluate, and present findings related to the industry. Along with managing finance, manpower, and technology, you learn to bring advancement in the country’s healthcare industry.
This industry directly affects the health and well-being of the general public and indirectly affects many other industries. Therefore, with this course, you are making a difference in people’s lives.
Top 7 Benefits of Studying BBA in Healthcare & Hospital Management
Before you choose to do a course, know about the benefits of studying it. Passion is important, but you also need to possess an innate skill. So, for all HSC graduates contemplating their next career move, here are the top 7 benefits of studying BBA in Healthcare & Hospital management:
Lucrative- It is important to study a subject that has potential in the present and the future. Despite the slowdown in most industries, this industry is booming and will continue to do so well into the future.
Career opportunities – A career in BBA in healthcare & hospital management courses opens doors to many high-profile managerial and administrative careers in hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and research facilities.
Challenging – The healthcare & hospital management industry is one of the most challenging industries. Working here, you will face many challenges that will make you mentally and emotionally stronger and smarter.
Service to the public & nation – By working in the healthcare & hospital management industry, you’ll serve the nation. People need good healthcare services, especially during/after the COVID-19 pandemic. So, if you choose a good healthcare & hospital management course, you will be aptly trained and equipped to make a difference to the public and the nation.
Excellent salaries & benefits – According to payscale.com, the average salary in the healthcare industry in India is an impressive figure of INR 6,87,012. You also get lucrative benefits like health coverage for you and your family members and incentives.
Work with Technology – The healthcare & hospital management industry is one of the most technology-driven industries in the world. Today, there is a widespread use of technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence in healthcare. These technologies also played a huge role in the development of COVID-19 vaccines. They will dominate the industry wherein you’ll get an opportunity to work with AI technologies in healthcare.
International Opportunities – The hospital management industry is international in the truest sense. When you do a course from a reputed College or University, you are also opening doors to international career opportunities. With the right amount of experience and additional courses and certifications, you become a job-ready candidate.
Career Options and Job Prospects in Healthcare & Hospital Management
The advantage you get with the healthcare & hospital management course is that you get an opportunity to make a career in many different industries. Here are some of the career options and job prospects in healthcare & hospital management:
- Medicine Industry – The Indian medical industry is world-renowned for producing drugs and medicines at the most affordable prices, thanks to the innovation and adoption of technology. As a healthcare management graduate, you are poised to find a lucrative job in this industry that will be worth $65 billion by 2024, and $120 billion by 2030.
- Hospitals – Hospitals are growing at a brisk pace in the country. There are still many tier II and tier III cities in the country that need hospitals. You’ll find jobs in hospital management and hospital administration to earn a good living and make a strong career.
- Lifestyle Clinics – Lifestyle clinics across the country are on the rise. These clinics have a wide variety of wellness treatments that make use of allopathy, homeopathy, Ayurveda, naturopathy, and Unani medicine. These clinics are built around premium and personalized services, offering high-paying career opportunities.
- E-health Ventures – Health and E-venture wellness have become popular due to the pandemic. From online consultations to customized treatments and services, it is accessible online through smartphone applications, web applications, and websites. Many established companies are investing in E-health ventures, so a career in this industry can be quite fulfilling.
- NGOs – During the pandemic, it was the NGOs that made a huge difference to the general public. From supplying food and medicines to finding hospital beds for patients, NGOs became a savior for the people. So, if you have the desire to make a difference and directly work with people, join an NGO. Contrary to belief, NGOs pay their staff well.
- Telemedicine – In rural areas of the country, telemedicine has been a boon. Patients who can’t go to doctors located in urban areas have been taking advantage of this service. Seeing its growth in the pandemic, many private and public sector ventures are investing in developing the telemedicine industry. This will become one of the top industries to work in.
- Insurance – The pandemic has been a huge wake-up call for many people without insurance. Therefore, the industry is now seeing a surge in people buying life insurance, health insurance, and business insurance. The industry is now seeing one of its best growth phases as it grew 41% in 2021.
- Medical Equipment & Devices – India is touted to be the hub of medical equipment and device manufacturing. From management to research & development and sales, there are many sectors in this industry that need professionals with degrees in healthcare & hospital management.
- Outpatient Care Centers – Patients who cannot afford to visit doctors’ private clinics, get access to doctors through outpatient care centers. This is an important industry in our fight against COVID-19 and other such diseases. Therefore, outpatient care centers need professional management to grow and bring healthcare to people from all walks of life.
- Medical & Diagnostic Library – Diagnosis and treatments go hand-in-hand. Therefore, the medical & diagnostic libraries are growing along with the healthcare center. With the influx of technology, medical & diagnostic can become better and cheaper.
- Food Craft Institute – Food craft institutes across the country are in growth mode. These institutes are organizing a sector that was largely unorganized. Therefore, they are looking for professionals who are educated in health and nutrition as it is an integral part of food crafting. In this industry, careers can be made in the education, restaurants, and hospitality sectors.
- Tourism – India is the hub for healthcare tourism. Owing to high healthcare costs, people from the Western world prefer India for top and affordable treatments. This has become a separate industry and some of the biggest hospitals and doctors in the country, exclusively cater to this industry.
Top 10 Job Opportunities in Healthcare & Hospital Management
The healthcare & hospital management course opens doors to many careers. Here are the top 10 job opportunities in healthcare & hospital management:
- Healthcare Manager – The healthcare manager is the person in charge of the healthcare facility. They have to oversee all the procedures, manage the staff, bring in medicines, treatments, and technological advancements.
- Hospital Administrator – The hospital administrator is the person in charge of the entire hospital. They oversee all the departments, work with departmental heads, increase hospital revenue, protect the hospital from liabilities, and hire senior staff.
- Business Development Manager – Business development managers have to increase business by bringing in new clients. Business development managers are required across most healthcare sectors and are some of the highest-paid professionals.
- Expert Scientific Writer – The healthcare industry employs expert scientific writers who write scientific content like research papers, white papers, reports & findings, medical journals, blogs, articles, web copy, etc. These writers are experts in niche fields and write scientifically accurate content.
- Business Analyst – Business analysts analyze various aspects of the healthcare industries and put their findings and predictions into actionable reports. The analysts have to be experts in research, analysis, and using analytical software.
- Healthcare Quality Manager – As the title suggests, the healthcare quality manager is responsible for the quality of healthcare provided. They work closely with hospital staff to ensure top services. They bring in new technology, equipment, medicines, treatments, and procedures in consultation with doctors.
- Healthcare Products Manager – Right from product development and manufacturing to marketing and sales, the healthcare products manager is the person in charge of all healthcare products made by a business. They have to be experts on every product.
- Medical Representative – Medical representatives mostly work with pharmaceutical and medical equipment manufacturers. They market their products to hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and doctors. Their work increases sales, so their job is important.
- Associate Consulting Partner (Medical Devices) – In the medical devices business, associate consulting partners are experts in the field who provide consulting services. They are experts in products and technology and guide businesses in developing the right products and equipment.
- Medical Auditors – Medical auditors audit healthcare facilities and hospitals. They perform thorough audits to improve services, treatments, safety, technologies and protect the facility from having legal issues.
Who Should Study Healthcare & Hospital Management Course?
The BBA in Healthcare and Hospital Management course is ideal for HSC graduates. Many Colleges and Universities are offering this course owing to its increasing popularity. The course opens doors to managerial and administrative careers in the industry. These careers come with a high salary and benefits. HSC students choosing this career path become a part of its ever-growing phase.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Healthcare & Hospital Management Course in India
Q1: What degree is required to study Healthcare Management?
To study healthcare and hospital management, you need to have cleared your HSC exams from any stream.
Q2: What can I do after BBA in Hospital Management?
After completing your BBA in hospital management, you can start your managerial career in a hospital. You also have the option to go for postgraduate education and choose to get an MBA in hospital management.
Q3: Can I study Hospital Management after Commerce?
Yes. Some private colleges and universities allow HSC graduates in commerce to pursue hospital management.
Q4: What is the eligibility to enroll in a BBA healthcare & hospital management course in India?
The eligibility criteria for a BBA in healthcare and hospital management course are:
- You need to be an HSC graduate in Science, Commerce or Arts with a minimum of 40% as a passing percentage.
- 3 years diploma course post S.S.C.
- 2 years diploma course in Pharmacy post H.S.C.
Q5: What is the salary of hospital management in India?
According to payscale.com, a hospital administrator or manager makes an average salary of INR 4,79,106/– p.a.
Q6: What are the subjects in BBA Hospital Management?
Subjects differ from college to college, but the best colleges in the country, in the 1st semester, teach you subjects like:
- Principles & Practices of Management
- Business Communication Skills
- Business Demography
- Business Economics
- Human Body-Basics, Anatomy & Physiology
- Financial Accounting & Cost Accounting
- Skill Enhancement Course
Subjects get more specialized in the following semesters.
Why Study BBA in Healthcare & Hospital Management from Indira Institute of Management, Pune?
Indira College, Pune is one of the best colleges in the country. The Indira Institute of Management, Pune (IIMP) offers a BBA in Healthcare & Hospital Management course, which has been designed and curated by the best minds in the industry. With IIMP, you get the following advantages:
- You learn to integrate industry & business knowledge with healthcare ethics and legalities.
- Get experience in strong practical knowledge and live project training.
- Learn to research to improve efficiency.
- Understand the basics of the human body, general health, well-being, and diseases.
- Gain knowledge in medical terminologies, finance, and accounting.
- Develop critical thinking, evaluation, and scientific approach.
- Understand management and marketing, patient care, customer relationship, and human resources management.
Study BBA in Healthcare & Hospital Management From IIMP, The Best BBA Colleges in Pune
If you want to study the BBA in Healthcare & Hospital Management course, choose IIMP, Pune as it is one of the top BBA colleges in India. Get access to the finest faculty, education, infrastructure, and the best placements in the industry. Our BBA in HHM is the most intensive course that will result in you having the best education and career.
For BBA in HHM admission, click here.